Saturday, February 14, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

Alice frowns at Grimnír, her expression grave.

"D-did you see Yukari again?" she whispers.

At hearing the word "Yukari", his head begins to ache. He can recall everything clearly, but his brain is reacting badly to it, as if telling him that their meetings didn't exist. Technically, the two of them never actually met. Perhaps having her step into his mind causes inconsistencies that his logical sense can't resolve. Either way, he is sure that their method of communication can't be doing his mind (and possibly his body) much good.

"Yeah, I met her," he replies carefully. "Though not in the way I expected."

"What happened?" she asks quickly.

"A case of bad timing I think," says Grimnír. "She visited after I went unconscious during our training."

"W-what? Did she hurt you? Are you alright?" cries Alice.

"Ah, I'm fine, so don't worry about it," he says. "I have to thank you for catching me back then. Sorry for troubling you."

Alice lowers her head.

"That was all my fault. I-I'm so stupid!" she begins to say as she covers her face with her hands. "I'm such a horrible person!"

"It was an accident. It wasn't your fault." says Grimnír.

"B-but I almost killed you!" she cries, looking up at him with damp eyes. "Marisa was right. I'm no good at dealing with people. I should have never -"

Grimnír places a single finger on her lips to silence her.

"I'm fine," he says. "Besides, some good did come out of it. I might not have met Yukari if that didn't happen."

"Eh?"

"Well, she did mess with my dream a little bit, but no harm done," he says. "We were able to talk, and I think that she is going to help us. Seems like Marisa is still necessary to her."

"She messed around with your mind?" she asks carefully, frowning.

Suddenly, he recalls her words. "It wasn't an illusion," Yukari had said. Somehow, the way she said this worries him a little. She sounded honest.

"Well, maybe not exactly," he says. "I suppose that she just came to visit or something along that line of thought."

"So, she started teaching you spells?" asks Alice.

"Huh?"

"You were muttering command words in your sleep," she says. "High level ones, if I might add."

Grimnír shakes his head.

"I didn't see her again last night," he says. "That might have been just me."

He doesn't need to tell her that she was in his dream. That might just cause unnecessary complications.

"Then that is even more troublesome," she whispers darkly.

He finds that he has nothing to say in reply. The two of them stay silent for a few moments. Finally, the atmosphere is broken by a loud gurgling noise. Grimnír blushes as he rubs his stomach. Alice giggles lightly at him.

"Maybe we should have breakfast?" she suggests with a smile.

"That might be good," he mumbles.

No comments: