Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

Yukari opens her mouth, as if to argue, but she closes it after a few moments, unable to find the words. Slowly, she lowers her eyes in apology.

"I-I didn't know," says Yukari. "I'm sorry."

Grimnír mumbles something in reply as he looks away to think. This is beginning to turn into something complicated. The strangest part is that she sounds sincere, but it could be another one of her tricks.

"I'll be going now," whispers Yukari. Her voice is barely audible. Slowly, she turns around to leave.

"Wait," he says. He has no idea why Yukari created that illusionary world, or what other devious plans she might have, but he did accept her invitation. If he plays his cards right, she might be able to help Marisa. At the very least, he doesn't want to make her his enemy.

"..."

"I guess I shouldn't have snapped at you like that," he says. "I'm a little frustrated right now, with everything falling apart and not going as planned. I'm just feeling angry because of how helpless I feel in all of this."

Yukari turns her head to face him. Grimnír clears his throat before continuing.

"W-what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry, too," he mutters. Carefully, he looks away to hide his face. "I suppose that I did have fun with you, even if it was an illusion."

"It wasn't an illusion," she says with a smile. "And I'm glad that you enjoyed it too."

"What?" he replies. "What was that place, then?"

Yukari winks at him mischievously.

"Now that's a secret~" she returns. "No fun if I tell you right away."

Grimnír sighs in exasperation. He is beginning to tire of these games.

"Anyway, I did have a good reason to accept your invitation," he says seriously.

"And here I thought that you just enjoyed my company," returns Yukari as she looks away and pretends to wipe away a tear.

"I never said that I didn't," replies Grimnír. "But there is something else. We need your help."

Yukari's smile widens, as if she was expecting something like this. For some reason, he feels really irritated. Does she enjoy confusing him?

"Marisa is dying," he finishes.

"Huh?" mutters Yukari blankly. Whatever she was expecting, it wasn't this.

"She was attacked by someone in the Forest of Magic," he says. "The injury isn't natural. Even Dr. Yagokoro can't figure it out."

Yukari pauses to collect her thoughts. She looks quite serious as she thinks. Somehow, such an expression doesn't seem to suit her. After a few minutes, she finally speaks.

"The black-white is still needed," says Yukari solemnly. "She can't be allowed to fall just yet."

Grimnír sighs in relief. Perhaps this is the best course of action, after all. A Youkai as powerful and influential as Yukari should be able to easily resolve this incident.

"However, I can't go over to Eientei right now," she says. "It will be dangerous if Reimu finds out about Marisa. Even more so if she discovers your abilities."

"I see," he answers. He hasn't heard much about the shrine maiden, but he does remember hearing about her reckless way of doing things.

"There is another way I can help," she says. "But I need someone to do the legwork for me. And I know of the perfect person to do it."

Without warning, she raises her fan and points it toward him. He doesn't like the way she is smiling. Not at all.

"W-what?" he stammers. He has a really bad feeling about this.

No comments: