Monday, March 2, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Try to distract him while Reisen takes her reading.

---

"You should all leave before I grow impatient," whispers the stranger. "After all, my weapon hasn't yet tasted blood this day."

The tip of the trident glints brightly in the sunlight. As Grimnír looks at it, he observes a powerful crimson aura emanating from the weapon. He feels uneasy as the unnatural energy field starts to spread. This weapon is definitely dangerous. Just looking at it feels painful.

"Ugh..." he mutters, slowly turning away.

He can feel it inside him. Another feeling is growing from deep within. The pain only increases the temptation. Somehow, the desire to hold the weapon in his own hands becomes more and more difficult to resist. While the logical part of his mind says that it is foolish to try and take it, something deeper and more primal tells him that this thing belongs to him.

"Are you alright?" asks Alice. She looks concerned.

Grimnír shakes his head. Focus. They can't afford to make stupid mistakes here.

"The plan," he whispers. "We'll stick to the plan."

He takes a glance at Alice, then at Reisen, making sure that both of them understand. After a few moments, the lunarian rabbit clears her throat before speaking.

"I'll head back to report our findings," she declares loudly.

Reisen quickly flies off and out of sight. Grimnír and Alice watch her disappear into the distance before turning back to the stranger. He notes that she will need some time to double-back and use the device. They need to make sure that the stranger doesn't move from where he is standing.

Grimnír takes a couple of steps forward and gives the man a low bow. A short introduction and some small talk should work nicely. He makes sure to speak in a slow and calm manner.

"Good morning, good Sir," he says. "Forgive our prior indiscretions. I believe that we should start from the beginning."

"Really now," replies the stranger. "Very well then. I have all the time in the world, after all."

"My name is Grimnír, and this here beside me is Miss Alice," he continues. "We have come on behalf of our friend Marisa, whom you may have met yesterday."

"I have no name to give to you," he replies. "Even if I had one, I wouldn't give it to you suspicious lot. And I don't recall meeting anyone with that name yesterday."

"She is dressed in black and white, and she carries a witch's hat and broom," says Alice. "Are you sure you haven't met someone like that?"

The stranger frowns and grows visibly irritated.

"Black and white?" he repeats slowly. "Did this Marisa happen to be an energetic blonde girl with a single braid tied on one side?"

"So you met her then?" says Grimnír.

Suddenly, the stranger sneers at them.

"Met her?" he says. "That bitch tried to kill me in my sleep! She should be thankful that I didn't finish her off when I had the chance."

Grimnír blinks stupidly. Wait... what?

"So you two are with that assassin?" he continues as he brandishes his weapon. "Now I understand. You've come to finish me off, haven't you?"

"No, wait! Don't misunderstand! We didn't come here to fight!" cries Grimnír.

"Then why is your other friend aiming a gun at me?" replies the stranger. "An ambush? Such dishonorable tactics... you lot are disgraceful!"

D-damn! He knows about Reisen! She must be using the device from behind the trees.

"Don't think that I don't understand," continues the stranger. "Your Outsider weapons won't work on me. Not in my territory."

Suddenly, the terrible crimson energy engulfs the whole area. When they open their eyes, they find themselves standing in the same clearing, but the whole place is now tinted with the sick color of blood.

"I'll start with the rabbit girl," whispers the stranger. "I'm a monster, after all."

He licks his lips as he turns around to face the lunarian.

[ ] Try to protect Reisen.
[ ] Retreat from the clearing with Alice.
[ ] Attack the stranger while his back is turned.
[ ] Custom

No comments: