Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"Stop lying."

Suika looks at him darkly, waiting for his response. She isn't smiling.

"Well... that is to say..."

Grimnír pauses. For a split-second, Marisa's face flashes in his mind's eye. How long has it been since he has seen her laugh and smile and add the suffix '~ze' to every other sentence? He doesn't have time for this. He has to get rid of this persistent little girl.

"Ah, you can tell if someone is lying?" he says lightly. "That's a neat little parlor trick."

Suika's eyes narrow, but she says nothing. He grins at her reaction. Seems like this one also has a strange ability. But to detect lies? Let's see how such vague abilities work when we throw in a little logic....

"So, tell me, good Oni," continues Grimnír. "If I declare right now that 'I am lying', would this statement be true or false?"

"..."

He claps his hands together cheerfully at the girl's shock and confusion. This should keep her occupied for a while. Or so he thought. Before he could turn around and leave, Suika suddenly starts laughing loudly. Startled, he slowly turns back toward the girl. For some reason, her shadow seems to fill the whole room, despite her small stature.

"The liar paradox," whispers Suika. "I can't recall how long it's been since a human has tried that one on me. Twenty years ago? Two hundred? I really can't remember... ha ha ha~"

The horned girl takes a single step toward him. He takes a step back instinctively. For some reason, he suddenly gets the feeling that this girl isn't as childish as he first thought, despite her appearance.

"The last time it happened, I lost the game. I had to do anything that human wanted."

"Anything? W-what?"

She takes another step forward. He takes another step back. A slight chill makes him shiver, even if there isn't any wind.

"I'll never forget what he made me do..."

"W-wait!"

Suika looks up at him, her expression unreadable. Then, she smiles brightly. Her perfectly cheerful face fills him with dread.

"Doesn't matter now," she says. "That man is already dead."

"..!"

"But I did have a lot of time to think about that riddle, and I think I have the answer now."

"H-hey... I didn't mean to -"

"Why don't we make this a game? If I lose, then I will do any one thing that you say. If you lose, you have to do something for me."

"Huh? Wait... isn't that -"

She raises her hand and points it at him. Looks like the game already started.

"The question itself is the lie."

Suika has a determined look upon her face as he waits for him. She looks almost sober.

"Umm..."

For some reason, he feels that something really bad will happen if he chooses the wrong response.

[ ] "You are correct."
[ ] "You are wrong."
[ ] Custom

No comments: