Tuesday, November 17, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"What's wrong? Looking for something?"

Grimnír shakes his head. No point in being too nosy. Curiosity could kill, after all.

"I was looking for you," he explains. "I happened to smell food, so I figured I'd see if you would like some as well."

"Food?" repeats Alice. "Well, I don't really need to eat, and I'd like to finish that quickly so..."

"I see. Sorry to bother you, then."

He shrugs as he turns toward the kitchen. Suddenly, Alice grabs him by the shoulder.

"W-wait!" she cries. "Where do you think you are going?"

"Eh? But I thought that -"

"Hush! I never said that I wouldn't go with you!"

To his surprise, Alice starts walking ahead of him, straight toward the kitchen. Shanghai floats beside her expressionlessly. He scratches his head, confused. She turns around, her cheeks a bit flushed.

"What is it? I thought that you were hungry?"

"Huh? I don't even -"

The dollmaker folds her arms and frowns at him. Shanghai mirrors her movement, doubling the effect.

"Or perhaps you'd rather have someone else prepare a meal for you?"

A chill runs down his spine. He shakes his head and laughs nervously.

"E-er, of course not!" he manages. "I'd be honored to taste something that Master Alice prepared for me."

Her smile widens at those words.

"Very good. The apprentice understands his place perfectly."

Alice leads the way as they walk along the halls of Eientei. She doesn't turn back even once, maintaining her confident demeanor. However, Shanghai floats near him almost immediately after. The doll circles him a few times before finally landing on his shoulder.

"Well, at least you're a little easier to understand," he whispers to the doll.

Shanghai looks up at him, giggling silently. Unsure of what she means, he shrugs and follows after Alice.

~~~

"Hey Grim," says the dollmaker. "What sort of food would you like to eat?"

He jumps a bit in surprise. Her sudden question interrupted his thoughts. Alice turns around and stares at him for a few moments. Then, she shakes her head.

"W-well, it's not like I'm saying that I'd go out of the way to make something like that. It would just be more convenient if I could make sure that you would eat what I could prepare. I don't really know that many recipes, and it would be difficult if you forced yourself to eat something you hate...."

Grimnír blinks a few times as a response. He doesn't get it.

"Huh?"

Alice blushes bright red at this. She turns around quickly with an irritated expression on her face. As she pushes open the door to the kitchen, she glances at him.

"N-never you mind," she adds. "I'll just cook something quick and easy! Don't blame me if -"

The dollmaker stops in her tracks. Something seems to have gotten her attention. Grimnír leans forward to examine the room. The kitchen is large, but for the most part it is empty. That is, empty aside from one other person.

"Hey, isn't that..."

[ ] Marisa
[ ] Reisen
[ ] Dr. Yagokoro
[ ] ______

No comments: