Friday, November 6, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] "Yes, I know how to fight."

---

Sakuya stares at him thoughtfully.

"Say, can you defend yourself?"

Grimnír pauses to think. After surviving Alice's training and Marisa's extra lessons, he can safely say that he can hold his own against the dangers of Gensokyo. At the very least, he should be able to defend himself until he can flee to safety.

"Yes, I know how to fight."

She smiles at him cheerfully.

"It's been a while since I've met an Outsider with such confidence."

Without warning she vanishes. He blinks in surprise. Three knives are floating in mid-air in front of him. He quickly chants the spell commands for a barrier. As soon as he has it up, the knives fly straight at him, smashing themselves hard against the spell shield.

"Damn it! What the hell?"

"Interesting."

He turns toward the chief maid's voice. She seems to be flying several feet above him. A dozen knives materialize beside her, each aimed toward the ground. Grimnír curses as he strengthens his shield. As expected, the sky immediately drizzles blades and steel. He closes his eyes to maintain focus on the barrier until the attack is over.

"Ugh..."

He looks up at Sakuya. She nods at him with a smile.

"You are not bad with defensive spells. However, you will need more than a barrier if you want to survive."

Grimnír frowns hard at her.

"I offer to help you, and you try to kill me? What the hell, Sakuya?"

She pauses for a moment, biting her lip. Then, she slowly descends, landing a few feet away from him.

"I need to gauge your ability," she says. "The man with the trident is dangerous. If you are unsure of yourself, then you better head back."

"That doesn't make me feel much better."

Sakuya sighs sadly. A few knives materialize in her left hand.

"Thank you very much for bringing me this far, but I won't risk taking you if this is your limit. This is my problem, and I'm not letting anyone else get hurt because of me."

She starts walking closer.

[ ] Use barrier. [Defense/Earth]
[ ] Use laser. [Heat/Light]
[ ] Use gate. [Defense/Unknown]
[ ] Use 'Option' (Type: Yukari). [Unknown]
[ ] Use an item. (Specify)
[ ] Flee from the battle.
[ ] Custom

No comments: