Sunday, January 18, 2009


"..ake up.. ther," says a voice. It seems strangely familiar.

He mumbles something incoherent. Too sleepy. Just go away.

"Wake up, please wake up," says the voice.

"Mrrmgh.. sshleepy.." he mumbles.

He can hear someone stamping her foot on the ground. No more tantrums. I need rest.

"If you don't wake up, I'm going to pull off your pants and take pictures!" the voice cries.

"Fine, fine.. just.. what? What the hell?" he cries.

He gets up quickly to see a familiar face. There is no mistaking that short green hair and that childish body. The pair of antennae on her head twitch slightly as he looks up at her.

"Wriggle?" he asks drowsily. "Why are you waking me up? It's a weekend, isn't it?"

The firefly girl steps close to him. Dangerously close. She is only inches from his face. He feels himself blushing furiously. Slowly, he pushes her off him as he sits himself up.

"Get off me," he mutters. This girl is such a headache. "How many times have I told you not to get so close?"

"Eh? But there isn't anything wrong with being close to my big brother, is it?" she asks innocently. Without warning, she sits herself on his lap. She starts stroking his leg suggestively.

"I-I mean that," she whispers. "I only want to get to know my brother a little better.."

Forget inappropriate, this is getting far too weird for him. Cute little sisters are fine, but this is going too far. He carefully lifts her up and drops her roughly on the bed.

"You're too heavy," he says. "Are you gaining weight again?"

"W-what are you saying?" cries Wriggle. "I've been cutting down on the sweets! Don't say things like that!"

He mutters something in reply as he glances out the window. The newspaper girl rides past on her bike as he watches. Damn. It really is too early. There aren't any good TV programs on at this time. He should be enjoying his dream right now. This is a weekend - he should be allowed to sleep in!

"I know why you've been ignoring me lately," says Wriggle. She seems to be pouting. That is never a good sign.

"And why is that?" he replies lazily. He tries to stifle a yawn, but fails miserably.

"T-that's because you already have a girlfriend!" she shouts. Pretending to cry, she continues, "S-so mean. And I was saving myself especially for you."

"W-what? Don't say things that will cause misunderstandings!" he cries.

Wriggle giggles as she steps playfully towards the door.

"Anyway, your 'girlfriend' is waiting downstairs for you," she says as she leaves. "Big sister is nice, isn't she? You shouldn't keep her waiting."

"Yeah, tell her I'll be down in a few," he mutters. Why the heck would that girl be visiting now? And for the record, they aren't a couple. He just got caught up in something troublesome. But then again, that isn't any surprise to him. When that girl is involved, strange and unusual things always happen.

Suddenly, Wriggle pokes her head back inside.

"Just remember," she whispers seductively. "You can always come to me after she dumps you. You will always be my favorite~"

"G-get out of here!" he cries out.

No comments: