Friday, January 23, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] The Mansion of Red Mist. Seems to have a horror theme.

---

He points toward one of the sections near the entrance. From the crowd nearby, this area seems to be popular with small groups and couples.

"The Mansion of Red Mist? I do hope you aren't planning anything perverted~" says Yukari playfully.

"Of course not," he says.

This section just caught his eye. Somehow, it seems like a pretty good way to kill some time. While he has no interest with developing that sort of relationship with Yukari, she did order him to choose something interesting.

"Is that so? How disappointing," she says. "But I suppose that's just the way you do things."

"Huh? What's wrong with it?" he asks.

Yukari just shakes her head and gives him a cheerful smile.

"Forget about it. Anyway, I heard that this place is pretty popular for being realistic. Let's go and get a good scare!" says Yukari as she drags him toward the Mansion section of the amusement park.

Upon entering the place, he suddenly gets a bad feeling. Unfortunately, he only realizes the reason later.

...

Suddenly, a bunch of snakes drop down from the ceiling.

"Uwaaaah! Get them off me! Get them off me!"

"W-what the? Hold still! You might fall off!'

Then, a bunch of spiders begin crawling upon them.

"They're in my hair! THEY ARE IN MY HAIR!"

"Calm down, dammit! There isn't anything in your hair!"

Without warning, something begins grabbing at their legs.

"Oh my -LET GO OFF ME! AAAAAAAHHH!"

"Relax! Geez, s-stop clinging so tightly to me!"

...

"T-that was horrible!" he stammers. "People actually enjoy that sort of thing?"

"Most people do," replies Yukari. "Wow, you weren't faking any of that, were you?"

"F-faking? Those things grabbing my legs and landing on my hair were freaking me out! I can still remember the sensations." he says. "You heard me, didn't you?"

"Of course I heard you," says Yukari, frowning at him. "I'm sure that the group of high school girls giggling behind us heard your screams quite well, too."

"W-what? Sorry about that, but that ride really freaked me out!" he cries. "Especially that last part where a bunch of maids crying blood start throwing knives at you!"

"I thought that was pretty funny, actually," says Yukari, smiling at him. "It was overdone, in my opinion."

He doesn't reply as he start to calm down. After the fear and shock passes, he feels himself blushing as he remembers what he did. He was fine - for the first five seconds. Then, he started grabbing on to this girl's hands (unconsciously, of course). He probably started panicking and screaming when the spiders started crawling in. At some point, he must have grabbed Yukari tightly and hid his face in her hair. By the time the ride was over, people in line were staring at his frozen, nervous self clinging to Yukari as if his life depended on it. Good thing she had the sense to pull him away before things could get complicated.

"Are you feeling better now?" asks Yukari carefully.

"Y-yeah, I think I'm ok. I guess I wasn't acting very manly back there, was I.." he replies despondently. He must have looked like a damn kid.

"Don't worry about it," says Yukari. "If I knew that you scare easily, then I would never have agreed to coming to this place.

"E-er..." he mutters.

Yukari turns to him with a worried expression on her face.

"Why didn't you say anything?" she asks.

He pauses to think. There really was only one reason he chose this place. A stupid reason too.

"I-I guess that I just chose this place because I thought you'd like it," he mutters.

"E-eh?" says Yukari. Her eyes widen, and her cheeks glow delicate pink at his words.

"I mean that I was following your orders," he adds quickly. "If I didn't choose an interesting place, you'd punish me, right?"

"Ah! O-of course," replies Yukari. She turns away a bit, seemingly interested in one of the posters. "I guess that I had some good fun this time, so don't worry about it."

She smiles enigmatically.

"It isn't every day that I see someone your age get freaked out by an amusement park ride," she says. "Oh, I will enjoy reminding you about this day for a loooong time..."

He plants his palm upon his face, hard.

"So, where should be go next?" asks Yukari. "We shouldn't waste time."

Shouldn't waste time? Somehow, those words echo in his mind. Wasn't there something else that he needed to do?

"Err..."

[ ] The White Jade Buffet. It's full of restaurants and food-related attractions.
[ ] The East Gate Shrine. Includes several combat-related games and rides.
[ ] The Mystic Woods. Looks like it has a medieval/fantasy theme.
[ ] The Youkai Village. There are many shops that sell souvenirs and curios.
[ ] The Eternal Moon. This definitely has a space exploration theme.
[ ] The Chronicles of the Wind God. Definitely of a historical/archeological theme.
[ ] The Underground Palace. The newest wing of the amusement park.
[ ] There is something wrong here...

No comments: