Saturday, January 10, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Head straight to Dr. Yagokoro's clinic. You should check on Marisa's condition.

---

"Back already?" says Eirin. "You returned far earlier than I expected."

The Lunarian doctor turns to Grimnír and crosses her legs suggestively. She has a sly smile on her face as she takes a better look at him and his new companion.

"Ran into a dead end? Or did you get a little side-tracked?" she asks. Wriggle shuffles her feet nervously.

"Yes and no, to both questions," Grimnír replies. "But first, how is Marisa faring?"

"There isn't any improvement in her condition," she says. "However, there is some good news."

"Please go on," he says.

"Alice and Reisen returned just a few minutes ago. They brought back the things I need to create an elixir. It should slow down the reaction."

Grimnír sighs in relief. At least they have bought a bit more time to look for a cure. Half a day isn't nearly enough time to search for a way to save Marisa.

"Don't relax just yet," Eirin says. "I can only guarantee extending her life by an additional one or two days, at most."

"I understand," he replies.

"So, were you able to meet Yukari?" asks the Lunarian.

Grimnír shakes his head.

"No, I haven't," he returns. "However, Ms. Saigyouji gave me one of Yukari's calling cards. She said that Yukari will be able to find me if I hold on to it."

The doctor's eyes widen slightly. Eirin looks at him carefully, as if observing his insides. A whole minute passes in silence as the Lunarian completes her silent examination. Somehow, he could sense her reaching deep inside him, even probing his mind a little bit. He feels pretty uneasy.

"I see," she says. "That is unusual."

Eirin drops the subject abruptly, turning to Wriggle.

"Next question," she says. "Did this bug give you trouble? Or perhaps you are the one troubling her? I do hope you aren't one of those strange guys who are obsessed with youkai girls."

"W-what?" cries Wriggle, her face red like a beet. "No way! I was just helping this guy out, since he looked so weak and pitiful! D-don't misunderstand!"

While he appreciates how the firefly girl is doing her best to prevent any misunderstanding, Grimnír feels a bit hurt from her words. First Chen, and now Wriggle - did he really look that weak? Honestly, compared to all these powerful beings, he feels pretty small. But surely, he can still do something to help.

"She is a witness," Grimnír says. "She saw how Marisa got injured."

"Hmm," Eirin says. "May I borrow her for a moment, then? I'd like to ask a few questions."

Wriggle glances at him nervously, but she gives him a slight nod.

"I-I guess I can tell you what I know," the firefly girl says.

"Please come with me to my office," says the Lunarian.

Eirin pauses to turn to Grimnír.

"This might take a while, and it can get pretty technical," she says. "Why don't you show yourself to Alice? She was asking about you earlier. Or perhaps you'd prefer to stay here to watch over Marisa?"

She smiles mysteriously.

"Then again, you look a bit tired. Why don't you rest in one of the guest rooms? A nap and a good dream can do wonders."

Grimnír pauses.
[ ] Follow them into Eirin's office. Wriggle looks a little nervous.
[ ] Head to the dining room. Alice might be worried.
[ ] Stay in the clinic. Marisa shouldn't be alone.
[ ] Rest in a guest room. No harm in following the doctor's advice.
[ ] Custom

No comments: