Friday, April 10, 2009

Alternate: Library Lessons


"A-are you sure that this is going to help me learn magic?"

"Correct."

"I still don't understand. M-maybe we shouldn't -"

"If you are hesitant, then I will start it myself."

"W-wait! W-what are you -"

Suddenly, Patchouli interrupts him with her lips. As Grimnír's eyes widen in shock, she continues her attack by pressing her body hard against him. The sensation of her soft, sweet lips is intoxicating, and he can feel her delicate curves rub against him through their clothing. She starts probing her tongue to part his lips, desperately seeking its partner. Then, he regains control. Immediately, he pushes away the pink and purple magician.

"N-no!" he cries out. "We can't do this! This isn't right!"

"..."

The magician lies on the ground, rubbing her arms and legs. She looks up at him, tears silently welling in her eyes.

"A-am I not good enough?" whispers Patchouli.

"Ah! W-well, that is..." mumbles Grimnír as he looks away from the girl.

"I'm worthless aren't I," she says listlessly. "I always read alone in the library. I don't go out much, due to my health. And I'm no good at talking to other people. I'm just worthless..."

"That isn't true," says Grimnír. "In fact, I'd have to say that you are actually very cute. I was just uncomfortable with the whole situation."

"Liar," replies the magician. "I'm not pretty at all."

"I'm telling the truth!" he cries. "If you weren't so beautiful just now, then I wouldn't have been so nervous. I barely stopped myself from betraying someone important to me."

Patchouli gasps slightly in surprise. As she slowly stands herself up, she looks at him seriously.

"You have feelings for someone else?" she asks.

"Well, I guess..." says Grimnír sheepishly.

"I'm sorry!" says the magician. "I-I really didn't know!"

"It's alright," he replies. "Nothing happened, so everything is fine."

"You shouldn't have lied though," says Patchouli sadly. "I know that I'm not beautiful. I'm just a lonely misfit who hangs around books all day in the library."

"I wasn't lying," returns Grimnír. "You are a lovely girl."

"Then why," cries Patchouli. "Why won't my feelings reach him?"

"Eh?"

The magician lowers her head to hide her tears.

"No matter how hard I try," she says. "No matter how often we are together, he doesn't seem to see me as anything other than a friend. I thought that I could be patient. Maybe he just needs more time, I told myself. But it hurts."

She puts her hands to her chest, holding it tightly.

"It hurts so much when I think about how alone I really am."

"..."

An awkward silence passes between them.

"Can I ask you a favor?" says Patchouli.

"Sure, as long as it's within reason," he replies.

"Will you please kiss me?" she whispers.

"Eh? B-but that is..."

"Don't misunderstand," says Patchouli. "I just want to know how it feels. I just need to be reminded of what I'm yearning for. I just want to feel a little less lonely..."

Grimnír hesitates as he thinks about his options, but as he watches the magician's downcast face, he realizes that there is only one thing to do.

"Alright," he says. "But only as a friend."

"I understand."

Still shaking a little bit, he places his hands on her bare shoulders. Patchouli gasps silently at his touch, but she doesn't run away. He immediately becomes aware that the girl is shivering, but not from the cold. Unlike her earlier attack, she seems extremely nervous as she looks away from his gaze.

"A-are you sure you can do this?" she whispers.

"Yes," he says.

She turns back to him and closes her eyes in surrender. Delicately, he lowers his lips toward her mouth. He, too, closes his eyes as he nears her lips. She doesn't resist as they make contact. In fact, she seems too nervous to kiss him back. Slowly and patiently, he rubs his lips against hers. After a few moments, she starts moving her lips, returning the kiss clumsily.

Then, to his surprise, their kiss begins to burn passionately as they feel each others' feelings. But he doesn't pull away, and neither does she. Because, he too, has been feeling alone all this time. Only a few minutes later do they finally part. When he opens his eyes, he finds Patchouli smiling peacefully at him.

Her gaze turns to the side lazily. Then, her eyes suddenly widen in horror. Her mouth opens in shock, and her hands start to turn cold. Grimnír swallows nervously as he lets go of the magician and turns around.

Standing behind him is a familiar man dressed in a simple traveller's coat and pants ensemble in the style of early 18th century Europe. The newcomer smiles hollowly at the two of them as he lowers his tray on a nearby table.

"I brought tea," says Grey, his voice completely absent of any emotion.

No comments: