Tuesday, April 7, 2009


"He didn't say anything else?"

"No, he didn't," replies Grimnír. "He just walked away and disappeared. We didn't go after him, since it was dangerous."

She looks down into her teacup and stirs her tea idly. Then, she looks up at him, her eyes still in deep thought.

"I think I'm starting to understand," she says. "But I need some time to think..."

Grimnír only watches her. After he finished telling his story, her eyes were filled with something he couldn't place. Was it sadness? Regret? Anguish? Relief? Confusion? Or perhaps, it was a more complex combination of emotions. Vampires may feel them differently, after all.

"Anyway, as for you," says Remilia as she puts down her tea cup. "You can leave if you like."

"You are... letting me go?" says Grimnír.

"Of course not," replies the vampire. "However, I find that most humans are only useful to me once or twice in their lifetime. You can go about your own business until you are needed. I expect that you will respond to my call without question, once I give it."

"I guess I have to," he replies.

"Good," says Remilia. "Just stay within the mansion grounds for a couple of hours before you leave."

"Is that an order?" he asks.

"No," she says. "Just a little friendly advice."

...

Grimnír finds himself standing outside Remilia's chambers. Two hours is a long time. He should find something to do, unless he wants to leave immediately.

[ ] Wander around aimlessly.
[ ] Leave the mansion right now.
[ ] Custom

No comments: