Saturday, April 4, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Request for a blood sample. (Custom)

---

"So this is the magic-user," says Remilia. "Looks like another unusual Outsider has turned up, but you never mentioned him at the shrine meeting."

Alice slowly puts down her cup.

"And you never mentioned your new butler," she says coldly. "Should I remind Reimu when I see her?"

"Fair enough," replies the vampire, turning to Grimnír. "I don't suppose this one has a name, does he?"

"Grimnír," he says. "Grimnír the Grey."

"Is it, now?" says Remilia. "Interesting. This one has a lot of potential. Can I have him?"

"He is my apprentice," whispers Alice. "And we have more urgent business to discuss."

"I wonder what that could be," says the vampire, her smile growing a little wider. "Indeed, why would the puppeteer of the Forest come all the way to my home? And why would she want to speak to me?"

Alice hesitates for a moment. She takes a long sip of tea before speaking again.

"We need a sample of your blood," she whispers.

At those words, he notices Grey position his right hand beside his coat pocket, ready to pull something out. The butler maintains a polite smile, though his eyes narrow slightly. Remilia, in contrast, doesn't look surprised at all. If anything, she seems amused.

"Pardon my curiosity," says Remilia. "But isn't this situation a little awkward? Why would you need my blood?"

"We need it to save Marisa's life," says Grimnír suddenly.

He takes a glance at Alice, who looks mildly surprised at his interruption. After a moment, the dollmaker gives him a small nod of approval, though she mouths the words "be careful" silently.

"Curiouser and curiouser," whispers the vampire. "Do explain the circumstances of our good friend, the black-white."

"She is hurt," he answers. "We need your blood to cure her."

"I see," says Remilia.

The vampire nibbles on a biscuit before looking straight at him with her crimson eyes.

"What is her injury?" she asks. "I've never heard of vampire blood used in medicine."

"She was attacked in the Forest by a lunatic," says Grimnír. "Some crazy guy carrying a trident."

"Really, now," comments Remilia lightly. "A trident-wielding youkai?"

"No, he was human," he replies. "At least, I think he was."

"An ordinary human who could take down Marisa?" says Remilia. "I've never thought that possible. The black-white is surprisingly resilient."

"He... wasn't ordinary," says Grimnír.

"How so?" whispers the vampire.

"He almost killed us," hisses Alice. "He raised a strange field of influence when we went after him. We were lucky to escape unharmed."

"A field of influence," repeats Remilia. "Could you explain it in more detail?"

"We are wasting time!" cries the puppeteer. "Why so many questions? You already know what we want!"

The vampire ignores the outburst, and she calmly finishes her biscuit before speaking again.

"So you two went down the rabbit-hole to help our good friend, and they told her that they need a sample of my blood?" she says.

"Err..." mumbles Grimnír.

"I wonder if the folks at Eientei can be trusted," whispers Remilia. "Kaguya was acting odd during the shrine meeting. Even Mokou noticed it."

"Wait, we didn't -" stammers Alice.

"Alright," says the vampire. "I'll give you the blood sample on one condition."

Upon hearing those words, a chill runs down Grimnír's spine. Then, the vampire raises a finger and points it straight at him. She can't possibly be thinking -

"I want him in exchange," says Remilia.

[ ] Accept.
[ ] Refuse.
[ ] Custom

No comments: