Thursday, April 9, 2009


Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the Voile library.
[X] Custom

---

"Hello again Miss," says Grimnír.

"Ah!" cries the bat-winged girl. "You are the one from earlier."

"Sorry for the trouble," he says. "I was wondering if..."

"N-no problem," stammers the girl. "So you came back safely, after all. I will lead you to her right now."

"Eh? But I haven't even -"

The red-haired girl gives him a cute little wink in reply. Then, she quickly finishes shelving a few books before heading deep into the library. Fearing that he may get lost, Grimnír just shrugs his suspicions away and follows after her. She is probably the familiar that Yukari mentioned. For some reason, he can't remember her name, as it was only mentioned in passing.

Grimnír glances at the different shelves as they pass. Most of the titles are unintelligible to him, though he spots a number of books in English. Some of them are clearly related to magic, while others cover various subjects. A few, like "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "The Black Cat", seem to be from the Outside. Wait, are those first edition copies? How did they come across items like that?

...

"The magic-user has returned," states Patchouli. She turns a page of her book and continues reading, though she seems to have acknowledged his presence.

"Ah, yes," mumbles Grimnír. "About that. I'm not really a full fledged mage yet. Actually, I only started learning magic a few days ago when Marisa found me in the Forest of Magic."

"A few days ago?" repeats the magician. Her eyes pause for a split-second in mild surprise.

"From my clothes at that time, Marisa said that I must be an Outsider," he says. "I only started wearing these robes when she and Alice decided to teach me magic."

"An Outsider," says Patchouli. She continues reading, albeit a little slower.

"Yes, like that fellow Grey," says Grimnír.

"Interesting," replies the magician.

"..."

An awkward silence passes, as he isn't sure how to reply. He looks around to see that the red-haired girl has already left. Perhaps she has other work to do in the library. Alone with the elemental magician, he contemplates on how to approach her.

"E-er, Alice mentioned that you are magician as well," he says.

"Correct."

"Well, I was wondering if I could ask you to teach me a little bit," continues Grimnír. "I'm only a beginner, and I don't know much, but I'm willing to learn what I can. Please don't trouble yourself if I am being a bother, though. I'd hate to be -"

Without warning, the magician raises a hand to silence him. Then, without looking up, she points to one of the books on her desk. Grimnír glances at the book. It doesn't have any title written on it. He looks up at Patchouli, puzzled.

"I'm only lending it," she says. "Return it when you are finished."

"Ah!" cries Grimnír. "T-thank you, I think?"

Patchouli simply lowers her hand and returns to her reading. Seems like she really loves books. If anything else, she may actually be encouraging him to read. Perhaps he should visit the Voile Library again, if he has the chance. Of course, that would have to wait until his urgent business is concluded.

Grimnír takes a glance around. Looks like he is still alone with Patchouli. That red-haired girl isn't anywhere in sight. He still has quite a bit of time to kill until he needs to leave.

Read something?
[ ] Start reading the untitled book.
[ ] Start reading the book, "Theoretical Boundary Binding and Intervention"
[ ] Continue studying the beginner's magic book, "Basic Magical Theory and Simple Applications"
[ ] Look for something else to read.
[ ] Don't read.
[ ] Custom

What's a nice spot?
[ ] Sit close to Patchouli.
[ ] Sit a comfortable distance from Patchouli.
[ ] Sit far from Patchouli.
[ ] Find another place to read.
[ ] You need to leave the library.
[ ] Custom

No comments: