Thursday, November 20, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] "Care to join, or do you only enjoy watching other peoples' dreams?"

---

Grimnír gives Yukari a sardonic smile.

"Care to join us?" he asks. "Or perhaps you only enjoy watching?"

"Tempting offer," she says seductively. "But this is your dream, after all. I don't think I would fit the current atmosphere very well."

This girl is really starting to irritate him. She ruined the mood long ago. He raises his hand and makes a rude gesture at her. Without warning, the scenery around them changes. The two of them stand alone in the desolate wasteland where he had his duel with Marisa.

"Amazing!" Yukari says as she claps lightly. "You understand the concept of this world so quickly!"

He gives her a confident smile.

"I didn't realize that this was my world until you interrupted," he says. "While it would be polite to thank you, you really caught me at a bad time..."

This is his world. Somehow, he understands that this place works under his rules. He pulls out several spell cards from his pocket.

"I think that I owe you something for your last visit," he says.

"Ara? But I don't plan on playing rough this time," she says. Her voice betrays a hint of hesitation.

"Really?" he asks mockingly. "Then why are you here?"

"This dream world of yours," she says. "I'm impressed with its vividness and detail."

Yukari lowers her fan and looks at him thoughtfully.

"Your castle exists with such precision and accuracy," she continues. "I wouldn't be surprised if you manage to create something like it in Gensokyo after a few years of training."

"Forgive me for being frank," he interrupts. "But I fail to see your point."

She looks at him with an uncharacteristically somber expression.

"I felt the tremors of your spell cards," she says. "I wouldn't have been able to find this place without them."

She closes her fan and points it at him.

"Your power is dangerous." she says. "Even using it in a dream creates ripples between the boundaries."

"..."

"However, I've thought about some things since we last met." she says. "A forceful attempt to seal your power, or taking over your body may be too dangerous. Perhaps I was too reckless last time."

He narrows his eyes and grits his teeth.

"Don't take it as a personal offense," she says. "I just want to protect Gensokyo from harm."

She smiles at him. This time, her eyes reflect genuine concern, rather than malice.

"I would like to help you. Just think about it when you have the time."

"I'll keep that in mind," he says politely.

"If you think you need help with your powers or anything else, don't hesitate to ask."

"..."

"Alright then, I guess I will be taking my leave."

Yukari opens a portal beside her and steps into it. As she leaves, Grimnír recognizes the expression on her face.

She looks lonely.

...

Grimnír wakes up with a clear head. He feels well rested.

[ ] Head to the kitchen.
[ ] Head to the workshop.
[ ] Head to the dining room.
[ ] Look for Alice's room.
[ ] Take a walk outside.
[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Custom

No comments: