Saturday, November 8, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] "Do you mind if I go with Alice?"
[X] Talk about his encounter with the fairies.
[X] Ask about Yukari.

---

"Do you mind if I go with Alice?" Grimnír asks.

Marisa's eyes widen as she slowly lets go of his hand. For a moment, she has a strange expression on her face. Then, it turns into a sly smile.

"Does our nameless apprentice have a fancy for pretty little Alice?" Marisa asks.

"Ma-Marisa! Stop saying such things so carelessly!" Alice says.

"Eh? I don't mind. I know when I'm not wanted ~ze," Marisa says as she pretends to cry.

"It isn't that. I just feel safer around her." Grimnír says.

Alice quickly turns away. Marisa giggles madly. Grimnír blushes as he realizes what he just said.

"E-er, I mean... Umm..."

Marisa pats him on the shoulder and gives him a wink.

"A-anyway, you can call me Grimnír. It should do until I recover my memories"

...

"Grimnír the Grey ~ze? Sounds like someone is really getting into the role of a wizard!" Marisa says.

"I think it's a good name." Alice says.

Grimnír is holding calmly to Alice's hand as they fly over the Forest of Magic. Marisa is flying beside them with her sack tied to her broom. Several dolls follow from behind carrying Alice's trunk. He estimates that they have a few minutes before they arrive at Alice's place. Marisa offered her cottage for the training, but Alice was against it. In the end, they decided by flipping a coin.

"Say, can I ask you two about something?" he asks. "It's a long story, but..."

Grimnír carefully describes his encounter with the wild fairies, his attempts at using magic, and meeting Yukari while he was unconscious. To keep the story simple, he doesn't mention the other voice in his head that told him about _____ magic. He has a feeling that he should keep that part to himself. When he finishes his story, the two girls stay silent for a few moments.

"W-well, isn't that amazing ~ze? Looks like I wasn't mistaken about him. He really has potential!" Marisa says.

"..."

"What do you think, Alice? We should have him inscribe that spell into a Spell Card right away ~ze!" she says.

"I don't think that is a good idea," Alice says. "If that spell caught Yukari's attention that quickly, it must be really dangerous. Don't you remember at the meeting? She fell asleep while Reimu was discussing the different incidents. She must have manipulated the border to enter his world at that time."

She turns to Grimnír with a serious expression.

"Until we understand how that spell works, I think you should avoid using it." she says.

"Alice is such as killjoy ~ze!" Marisa says.

...

When they arrive at Alice's cottage, Marisa grabs him by the shoulders.

"You should start thinking about what magic you want to try out ~ze. I'm looking forward to something flashy!" she says.

"I recommend trying something simple, since you're a beginner. No matter how talented, a magician must master the basics." Alice says.

Grimnír pauses to think.

Focusing on a single spell will probably work best, since they only have a few hours till the sun sets.
[ ] Train defensive magic (earth element).
[ ] Train offensive magic (fire element).
[ ] Train flight magic (air element).
[ ] Train utility magic (water element).
[ ] Train _____ magic.
[ ] Custom

No comments: