Thursday, November 13, 2008



Loading User Commands:
[X] Logos Sign, 「Calculated Risk」

---

Grimnír feels uneasy as he starts to regain consciousness. He feels like someone is staring at him. He opens his left eye.

"..."

He closes it and pretends to be asleep. She was looking at him fondly with a cute little smile. That just didn't look right.

"Hey! How rude, ~ze!"

He opens both eyes wearily. Marisa is smiling at him despite herself.

"About time you woke up ~ze! I've been here watching you ever since we patched you up!"

"Watching me? That's just plain creepy," he says.

Marisa pokes him hard in the stomach.

"Ow! Wha-what the hell?"

"Wrong answer ~ze!" Marisa says as she clears her throat. "You are supposed to say: 'I never expected a cute girl to watch over me for all this time.' Little apprentice still has much to learn."

"Right," he says. He glances around to see that he is inside Alice's guest room. Alice doesn't seem to be with them.

"Where's Alice," he asks. Grimnír manages to sit up. He doesn't feel much pain anymore, though his body feels really tired.

"She's downstairs at her workshop," Marisa says with a sly smile. "You can probably surprise her a little later ~ze."

"I see."

"So, aren't you going to thank me ~ze?" she asks.

Grimnír frowns at her. This girl is impossible.

"Thanks for dropping me from a ridiculous height and leaving me to die."

Marisa pokes him in the stomach again. This time she does it harder.

"Da-damn it, that hurts!"

"You were perfectly safe until you swerved." she says. "I was already waiting at the bottom to catch you ~ze."

"Huh?"

"Of course I was going to catch you! Dying isn't very funny ~ze." she says seriously. "It was your fault, since you changed direction so suddenly. What was that about anyway? Even Alice didn't think you could do it the first time..."

"Well, sorry I guess..."

"You should be ~ze. You really worried me!" Marisa says.

"I said I was so-"

"Err, I-I mean that you gave me a hard time ~ze! I had to patch you up mostly by myself, since Alice isn't very familiar with humans and healing magic."

Grimnír gives her a puzzled look.

"W-why are you staring at me like that?" Marisa says, pouting. "I can do other stuff besides destructive magic, you know? A girl living alone has to learn what she needs."

He gives her a light shrug.

"Anyway," she continues. "At the rate you're learning, you can probably finish learning how to fly by tomorrow ~ze."

He can't help but smile back as he looks at Marisa. Her deep golden eyes are clear and energetic. Her golden blonde hair carefully frames a very straight-forward and honest expression of concern. The ribbon on her hair contrasts beautifully with her light-colored skin and hair, adding a distinct freshness overall.

She really is beautiful.

[ ] Continue staring stupidly.
[ ] "Beautiful," you mutter carelessly aloud.
[ ] "C-can you just stop smiling for a second..."
[ ] Look away and try to clear your head.
[ ] Custom

No comments: